Natasha died of Toxic Shock Syndrome the first time that she used Tampons, however, her symptoms were mistakenly diagnosed as the Norovirus. Generally speaking it is accepted knowledge that leaving a tampon in for too long can cause Toxic Shock Syndrome. In Natasha’s case, she followed all of the instructions and used the tampon correctly; it was simply the introduction of the tampon into her body which caused Toxic Shock Syndrome to take effect.

Toxic shock syndrome is very rare, but also very deadly.

Natasha became ill five days before she died but remained in good spirits, and only the evening before she died, she was telling Mandy (her mum) off for fussing over her, and saying that she was feeling much better.

She died peacefully at approximately 6-45am on Valentine’s Day 2013 after falling asleep watching one of her favourite TV programs.

We cannot express how much we miss our beautiful, gifted, kind and funny Natasha. All of our family, and many others close to us, are still reeling from the shock of losing our wonderful girl. We hope that you and your family never have to go through what we have gone through and are still going through.